New Garden Growers Market, Avondale, PA
The New Garden Growers Market is an outdoor, seasonal farmers market featuring farm fresh produce grown by local farmers and those from surrounding areas. The growers market takes place on Rt. 41 near Avondale, Pennsylvania. Our hours of operation are every Saturday, rain or shine, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in front of the New Garden Township Maintenance Garage.
We call ourselves a “growers market” because all the farmers who sell their produce at the market must grow it themselves. In this way, the market supports the people who are actually growing the food and as shoppers we get a higher quality product, e.g. riper peaches, juicier tomatoes, and sweeter sweet corn.
Local Farms, Local Food
The New Garden Growers Market is a friendly place where you can get all your shopping done!
- Fresh, locally grown, organic vegetables
- Fresh fruit from local farmers’ orchards such as peaches and apples
- Fresh apple cider
- Vine-ripened raspberries, blackberries, blueberries,
- Handmade cakes, pies, and pastries
- Home-made breads
- Natural, organic, low-carb and gluten-free breads and cookies
- Local honey and beeswax candles
- Locally grown, fresh cut flowers and floral arrangements
- Free-range eggs
- Grass fed meat
- All-natural pet food and treats
- Fresh herbs
- Artisan raw-milk cheese
- Local arts and crafts
- Farm tours
- Amish baked goods
- Local mushrooms
- And much more!
All of the baked goods, canned goods, eggs, meats, flowers, honey, and crafts are produced and made by the farms and people who are selling them. Nothing is “bought in” or resold from another source.
Find out for yourself why our customers come back week after week!
Come Visit Us During Our 2014 Season: